The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beginning of the End

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Beginning of the End Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 pm

It had been a month, cresting on five weeks officially since she'd last seem him. It wasnt that their conversation had went horribly, just it had went far differently than she'd hoped. Could she truly be surprised, bleeding and and ragged as she'd been when he'd caught her during her free fall from the sky ? No, no she couldn't. She'd fled from their last conversation, too many things nor making sense to either one of them. At least she'd tried to do it in such a fashion that didn't scream cowardice. 

If there was one thing she wasn't, it was a coward. Yet the Wolfe that she'd met had been an old man. This Wolfe… She flushed where she sat on the edge of a roof, legs dangling. She'd never experienced such a visceral, entirely consuming attraction. Truth be told, she wasn't certain she'd experienced a physical pull to anyone before. When she came from it wasn't exactly a safe thing to do. The 'Hunters' purposely paired those that while they would procreate would not spawn gifted children. It was simply procreation at that. People who'd tried for more even in secret usually disappeared.

She understood now though.

It was in the second week since leaving His Garden that the memories had started coming. They'd been so numerous, so intense at first that she'd spent almost four days tucked away in the abandoned warehouse that she'd claimed a space in. Too drained to do much else than sip at the bottled water she'd pilfered, it all had started to make sense.

Adam and Eve.
Eden.
Her banishment from the garden.
Every time they'd start to get close in a new life, her dieing violently.

He'd never died, but he also didn't ever remember her when she was reborn and found him again. It was a painful thing to know, a fact that in many a life had left her wondering if she'd actually meant something to begin with. Maybe it was her curse that he wouldn't since she'd been the one to fall to temptation to begin with. She rubbed self consciously at her throat, as while she knew the marks weren't there. Hadn't been since that first life, the area still thrummed on occasion. That was a thing she knew she'd never figured out the reason to. But this time, things had changed. 

Not only had the visions started again, but this time, she'd seen him die. And she'd seen what she'd done in the wake of it. Closing her eyes, she tilted her head to the night sky and struggled through the panic threatening to grip her. She'd told him about knowing him in the future, but everything else ? How did she make him believe her ? It wasn't like she had any solid, tangible proof. Considering it had seemed like he'd thought her crazy anyways, these added pieces would only further exasturbate it. Could she let him enter her mind ? Yes, but she knew full well that false memories could be implanted and seem more true than the real thing. 

But she had to at least try. For if things went as the vision portrayed, he wouldn't survive to make it to the future she came from. 

Not certain that she'd be able to get back to his garden, much less into it, she instead tested a theory. Head still tilted to the sky, eyes still closed, she whispered his name. The softest exhalation of her breath on the breeze, an attempt to see if hecwould hear it and out of curiosity come to her 
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 11:20 pm

He sat, in his arm chair that stood upon the grassy knoll in his Garden, next to a tea tray. Images magically brought to life flitted in front of him. Specific people. One who would see jt would think of Tony Stark and his computer as he researched. When that whisper crashed into his senses his distraction cause the images to dissipitate. He reached out, into the city, searching. It didn't take him long to find her. As he stood from his chair he willed his body across the barrier into Mortalis, through the doorway of the room she was in. He looked around the room and nodded "I suppose familiarity is helpful. Although there are far more comfortable places one could go. Not that I'm passing judgement" the concern he had been feeling over the past month drained from him as he looked at her. He often questioned the why he was so drawn to her, but was never able to achieve an answer, and yet she called and he came.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 12:31 am

"It was somewhere that no one else had claimed already. Or at least weren't making use of anymore. I didn't have money for anything else and with the other items I'd had to pilfer, I didn't feel right claiming a nicer place. Besides, it's actually nicer than what I'm used to when I'm from."

Slipping down off the edge of the roof and into the room that only had a partial ceiling, you would in fact realize she was wearing different clothing than the last time you'd seen her. Walking over to wherecshechad stashed a few bottles of water, she offered you one kind of sheepishly.

"Sorry I don't have anything else or better to offer. I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time. It shouldn't take long but I think we need to talk, Adam."

She seemed for the most part at ease up until that name drop. Once she'd uttered it, she watched you carefully from the corner of her eye, clearly intending to at least try to gauge your reaction.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 am

He fought that reaction. The surge of emotion at that name. The Rage, Sadness, Joy, Remorse. He took a breath and had to look at the ground as he pondered a moment "I'm not sure how you know what you are implying, but very much agree that perhaps we should talk." He walked to the middle of the room and made to sit down into nothing, but wound up in a comfortable looking chair with another right next to it with a tea table between them "Please" he gestured to the other chair.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 1:19 am

She didn't apoear comfortable with sitting, her body seeming too wound up to stay still now. But she did at least move closer with her pacing. There was a moment where she herself looked pained at your response before it was carefully schooled away.

"You've never remembered me before, so why would you now ? It's been a long time, lifetimes really since I've been allowed in Eden. You've cared well for it. You're not sure how I know ? It's simple. Once upon a time I was created for the man that you were. Every time I'm reborn, and regain my memories, I find you. Remind you of who I am. Somehow find a way to get you to believe. And then I die again. It's my punishment for the fall."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 2:18 am

"So you're saying that your Eve. And that your the same thousands of women who have approached me through out time claiming to be the same" his words were pure curiosity as he reached down and retrieved a mug that held no liquid until it was at his lips "Tea?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:28 am

Her sigh was quiet, frustration, but also a touch of sadness evident. Nodding slightly at your question,

Yes, that I am. Granted could there have been one or two that somehow realized who you were to try claiming you for themselves ? Yes, doubtful though that it's many others than me. Kind of hard to beat out a person who was created for you. And no, it wasn't from your rib. I simply wasn't there one day and was the next. If you don't believe me, ask me a question that only I could answer."

Head tilting at your question of the beverage,

"Only if it's shared from your lips."

Such sincerity in those words, yet at the same time you'd be able to pick up on the most subtle hint of playful challenge.

Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:16 pm

By the Powers that afforded her a blush to his cheeks. He only seemed stunned for a second, but it was clear. He chuckled awkwardly and scratched his chin "Umm..hehe...maybe we can finish this conversation first....then discuss who lips will be doing the sharing" he set down the tea and took a breath "Sounds more like I met you at the wrong time then"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 11:41 pm

"You've always been awkward when it's just the two of us. It's one of the things I always find most endearing about you."

The comment was made quite factually once she had turned to begin pacing again.

"As to the beverage, I wasn't speaking anything sexual. Intimate yes but not sexual. I think that would traumatize you far too much."

Spinning around suddenly, she strode over to where you were seated. Slipping between you and the table, she climbed up until she was straddling your lap. Hands settling, folded on her stomach, she met your gaze head on.

"What do you want to know ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:23 am

He didn't seem to mind the closeness she so suddenly wanted. He was even able to control himself enough to deny the boner that wanted to be. His voice remained level and calm though "You may remember being Eve....but do you also not remember being born?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:30 am

All that casual confidence eked away when you posed that question. Uncertain of how her words would come out on such a topic, she nodded that she did in fact not remember. Leaning in instead, she captured one of your hands and settled it to her clothed breasts.

"I try not to think too hard on the things I can't remember. Causes killer headaches."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:40 am

The movement of his hand caught him off guard. He stared at her chest for a moment before returning his gaze to hers "I think perhaps you should. I have a theory and I need the evidence to prove or disprove it" he couldn't help his fingers giving that mound of flesh a squeeze. They were nice, not to large, soft and supple from what he could tell. Stop it! He had to shake himself mentally and refocus once more.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 2:24 pm

The look she gave was way when he mentioned forcing memories forward.

"What if there's a reason that I'm not remembering all of it ? A good and sound, valid reason ?"

She didn't sound fearful, simply cautious. When your fingers flexed against her breast, it was the softest of sighs. Not a bad sound, just a contented sound. Leaning in she pressed the softest of kisses to the side of your neck.

"Share minds with me. That way if something happens thatvi can't see them, you still will."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 12:52 am

He reached out mentally and accepted the invitation while speaking outloud "I believe there to be a very good reason. Which is what I'm attempting to prove. Come let us conduct this test, and figure out exactly when you truly came from"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:10 am

There was a surprising amount of trust in how fully she opened her mind to you. No barriers, no holds barred. You would see the things she'd done, the good, the bad, and the gray. There were many she'd done that she wasn't proud of, but there were also many that she'd stand her ground on. They were all shockingly vivid, even for the mindscape. You'd also be able to tell if anything was being hidden. She wasn't doing it intentionally. There was also the wash of emotions.

The pain over seeing the you from her future aging and fading. The pain from each and everytime that the two of you had been lost to each other. But also the determination to find you. Time and time again.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:49 am

He sifted through all those memories after pulling forward the one, and only, set of memories of her birth. In what was at this point and time, the future. Where she said she had come from. He found the first memories she had from all of the others. And found nothing before the age she was now. Almost as if she hadn't been there for those beginning years. "Interesting"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:17 am

It was a careful shrug, Gaelic, in nature. The one place you could feel her wariness, her unease wasn't in the sense of the sharing itself, but in what you'd find. Also the reaction. Would you think her a liar ? A dilusional mad woman ? Just how far were you going to pull apart the life or lifes she believed she'd had. Your singular worded response just had her sitting there looking at you. A little on the surprised side ?

"Find your answer ? Or no ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:22 am

"Getting there. If I may?" He didn't wait for her to respond as he held his hand out, lights appearing in the air, to many to count, but one could wager that they were the accumulated years of all her lives. They began to move and sort from the chaos they first appeared as. Once he was done there was a string of orbs, for each of her lives. "It would seem that your" he made the quotation marks with his hand " "Past" Lives aren't actually past in the sense you are thinking. You lived them yes, but they weren't true lives." The memories of her time, the future, played in her mind "This is your true time. Where you originate. You've been thrust into my timeline with no concern for where you landed. Someone truly wanted you to make it to me"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:14 am

Whether you had intended them to or not, your words about them not being 'true' lives caused her to look as if you may as well have just struck her. Gracefully extracting herself from where she'd positioned on your lap, she took to her feet and after putting a bit of distance between the two of you began to pace. You could tell you still had enough of her attention to catch what you were saying but now that she was moving, she seemed to be withdrawing from you both mentally and physically. In fact, you'd find yourself firmly, but politely given the boot from her mind. Yes you, the all powerful Will Worker were kicked out without so much as a by your leave.

"I believe I already told you that. My future, -MY- time apparently needs you not aging and alive. Their message has been delivered. I'll kindly extract myself from your Garden and work on finding a way back."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:25 am

"Will you finally just listen to me Eve!" His voice was intent and he stood as well "Allow me to put it into perspective" he waved his hand and the orbs created a spiral "Your time is indeed your time. You've been skipped through time like a stone upon a river. These past lives aren't past lives as you believe them to be, but merely stops in time, until you finally found the time you had intended" he separated the individual lengths by a mere space "You don't have full lifetimes except this one" he gestured to the one that was by itself, where all the rest were linked to both beginning and end "This tells me that you've met Wrinkle"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:37 am

"I. Was. Listening."

Breathing slowly through now gritted teeth, she did in fact still listen, not that she had stopped. Or at the very least looked in the direction of what you were explaining.

"I'd like you to know I'm not actually stupid. Just a bit bounced around. Okay. A lot bounced around. It also means my time line is all out of whack. Or maybe I am stupid. Thank you for the lesson."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:44 am

He scrubbed his face lightly "You'll have to forgive me, Time is the one thing I have no control of. Let me try to make sense of it. You came from my future, your present. You told me this. To try to change it, where I am there and able to assist. To do so you were sent backwards in time. But it would seem to me you overshot where you were intending. You still met me, but not when you needed to. And to correct that miscalculation you began skipping forward. Your timeline is exactly how it should be. What im saying" he took her hands "All of it was a gift" he looked down and sighed content in whatever decision he had just made, and images appeared behind him, images old, from lost times. Everyone of her faces appeared. He looked at her once more "I know who you are, and who you've been. I've known since the memories came back a few weeks ago. At least I had hoped"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:57 am

"Most people don't have control of time. My being thrown back was a gambit and we knew it. Especially from the point I was thrown back from. Magic is so.... Different, veritably non-existent to us then. It was why when we first met and you took me to your Garden, I had to seem like a mad woman to you. Just... The colors. Being clean. But mostly ? The magic. It just felt... Amazing. It was like I was starting to become whole in a way I didn't know I hadn't been until then."

Those images caused a pained look to touch at her eyes before she finally looked away. She didn't stop you from taking her hands but didn't look back at you either.

"Every-time, something goes wrong and I die. What I saw.... This time though, it's not me. It's you. Something has changed. And I don't know how to prevent it. Whatever has transpired or is going to has set something in motion that you never make it to my time."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:01 am

"You've known me over many lifetimes. And yet I've only had the chance to truly know you in this time. And I feel robbed. And you tell me that I don't make it past this time. I am invested in changing my future, but in order to do that I must understand your past, and discern what mistakes were truly made"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:26 am

"It's not just you. Two men. A King with unblemished flesh the other carrying scars as a memory. Then the male with eyes like glowing, beautiful gems. A woman. Hair like the River Styx, carrying not one but two faces. A Princess yet without a crown. They fall before you. Yours prevents mine. I'm alone as I always am. That's this life though. I don't know what mistakes were made wrong in the past. Yet it's clearly what's intended."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End   The Beginning of the End Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the End
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next