The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Truths Revealed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 6:57 pm

Thankfully Ashe was saved the embarrassment of reaching out for Krysto in that moment, though Freya would not miss the side long glance that her Daughter shot at the male before all of the others were able to move again. A look that spoke so many volumes. She was saved by the sudden appearance of that army. The group that came behind it while smaller in number had quite a few of the members of the home team's jaw dropping. Or at the very least eyes widening. When the two men walked up to them, Ashe managed to sketch out what might have been an attempt at a bow. Her overload, as desperately as she was trying to hide it was becoming more obvious. Somehow there was suddenly an arm around her waist. Dark of hair and dark of eye, the arm was entirely too companionable though not in a sexual fashion.

"Hi. I'm Gia, resident Promethean here to say a resounding thank you from the City of Chicago. Our girl here is a bad ass but I don't think she was expecting a family reunion. So pardon her silence while she recollects her marbles. I would ask that you don't smite me for the interruption, but damn what a way to go it would be."

As all of this shennanigannery was transpiring, the skies around them were slowly but surely darkening. Not with any sort of malevolence, but oh with a wash of power. One could say it could be missed with all the hullabaloo and the glow from the Asgardians, but any who were truly perceptive would see it. As the darkness grew more easily noticeable, you would hear a whisper behind you, Freyja. One that was exasperated beyond belief. When the darkness finally came to completion, the only reason it would be piercable was because of the wealth of power from that small group and Freya herself.

"At least your Daughter has an excuse to never try to visit. Mine just attempts to off herself and never calls. Her dramatics make me wonder if the Crow's didn't drop the wrong babe. They're so very muchly YOUR Pantheon's flavor. It's been a long time, Freya of Aesgard. Forewarning, if Thor tries hitting on me again ? I will knock him out again."

That was all the words she offered. Complement. Greeting. Warning. Then there were three crows. Massive things that were visible somehow in the darkness. Two of them shot passed Malfius and Serephyna like streaks of dark Lightning, the pair of rings on their hands being stolen before flying them to the third who landed on the shoulder of a hooded woman that was suddenly there. Nary a weapon seen upon her, the cloak concealed all. But it did bear the signs of blood. Of war. Of death. Holding up the set of rings, she shook the rings themselves like a British nanny before giving a tongue lashing that while not all here would speak the language was still utterly terrifying for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:13 pm

While not as commonly a known Deity as say Thor or Freya herself, the cloaked figure was unquestionably a Major Deity. The Darkness itself seemed to pulse with her divinity as she suddenly threw the rings high into the air. The arrows were loosed so quickly, that even with those who could see actions at speed, it was almost impossible to see where they had come from. However, they did hit the two rings and as they did, the rings simply exploded. The power released was oddly contained, or not so oddly as a body would suddenly be seen plummeting. There was a very feminine shriek before the body seemed to right itself in an attempt to control the landing. With some gracefulness, to it, somehow, any pride the woman might have left was suddenly gone as the first woman's hand snapped out and grabbed what could only be an ear beneath the distinctly matching cloak and yanked the second figure quite close.

"You do not call. You never ask for help. You quite frequently get yourself nearly dead. We are the Bringers of Death not the Receiver's of it. Also, why have you not yet given me a Grandchild to raise at my side and train properly ?"

To her credit, the second figure did not shrink away, nor try to avoid the chastising. She even waited until the Deity seemed to be finished. Then lifting a hand to wave back over her shoulder in Paddy's general direction, there was a surprising solidity to it that had not been there without much effort in quite sometime. Clearing her throat to buy herself a second before answering,

"Hi Mum. Do we really need to do this RIGHT now ? Kind of important stuff going on ? You look scary as usual. Not asking for help ? Uhm Daughter of the Morrigan not wanting to sound needy here. As for the dead thing ? Totally had it planned out. Mostly at least. As to the Baby ? Seriously ? Finding a guy that's both worthy and interested ? Good. Fucking. Luck. Also, I think you totally stole the Aesgardian's thunder."

With that, what could only be the thing affectionately referred to y some as the Breon leaned around her Mother to look at Freya. Smiling from beneath the hood in a way that Freya would be able to see,

"Greetings and Salutations, your Goddessyness. You are even more lovely than I'd ever imagined. Your beauty puts to shame any of those gathered here. Please forgive my Mother. I think she's a bit peeved with me."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:25 pm

Freya simply smirked and responded with "Imagine that. The Morrigan upset about something" her tone was lite. Teasing. Almost as if they were friendly towards one another "And she is right. My Daughter didn't know she was mine. What's your excuse young lady?"

Abi stepped in front of Padraic and looked up at him as she lowered her hood, the sullen look on her face told him everything "Your gonna have to face him eventually, Dad." He nodded immediately but hesitated before turning and staring Tyr right in the eye "Hey, Dad"

Fenrir watched as his family appeared around him, and grew ashamed. He was able to quickly hide himself away, and allowed Steele to return to the surface, his body following suit. It wouldn't be until he was practically at her feet that Wyhnter would notice it. Steel wasn't right.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:46 pm

"My Mother knows the reasons, Queen of Aesgard. All of the questions of which she's asked are ones to which she has answers, save for the last. That one I gave her reason upon before all of you. I will give her a Grandchild when I found someone worthy and willing. As well as one who accepts my...Appearance. I will do no less, nor should she ask me to out of impatience."

While her entrance words had been an attempt at jovial in nature, these words to Freya, while respectful, were much more serious. Intense. But then turning she quietly wove her way through people to stand next to Paddy. Slipping an arm cautiously around his waist, she scowled at Tyr from beneath her hood.

"Leave it to our parents only to visit in dire straits. Your Dad is kinda hot though. I see where you get it."

Meanwhile with Steel and company, there was a panicked sound from Whynter as she dropped. Rather than trying to catch him as there was no time to, she flung herself down so that she would land under him at least enough so that his head didn't hit the ground. Fingers carefully searching over his body and coming away with obvious signs of injury, it was a low growl now. Shooting a look up at Lightning,

"Do you think normal healing will help ? or do we need something more ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 7:53 pm

Lightning was quick to Steeles side, doing his own check. He nodded before saying "A lot of it is matted, which is a good thing. It means he won't bleed out, but I'd wager he doesn't have a lot left to bleed. We need go get him home sooner rather than later." A soft voice flitted over their shoulders "May I help?" Before they could turn to see a feminine hand came down in Steeles cheek. An instant later he coughed and took a ragged breath, and then another much smoother one, those who turn to see a beautiful woman crouched next to them, half of her hidden. Standing behind her an elegant sophisticated looking man in a dark green 4 piece suit with golden trim. His soft smile helped his soft words "Very good Hela, now let us give them their space. We are strangers after all" She would smile at Wyhnter and whisper "You're a very lucky girl" before scampering away to the man who was heading for the grouping of Aesgardians.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:11 pm

Whynter simply nodded, concern and vexation encroaching on her as she went to shift Steele a bit better to prepare to move him. It was why when the hand came down to touch Steele, gentle or not, there was a growl that was very not friendly. Trusting that Kai would have their back if whoever it was was a problem, her focus never moved from watching Steele directly. When those breaths began to be taken more normally, much of the tension eased, her forehead lowering to rest against his. It did cause her to completely miss the woman's words, but at the moment, she didn't have focus for anyone other than him. After a moment it was her cheek brushing down along his, and then her face nuzzling into his throat before she carefully murmured,

"Stop scaring me, okay ? Also... There's a bunch of uhm... People here. Yeah. We're gonna call them people."

Kai who was still upright and watching the two figures move away towards the other group had her head tilted an almost intrigued look on her face. Shooting a side long glance at Lightning,

"The guy that was just here... He looks a lot like... Or does he look like him ? There's no way..."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:24 pm

Lightnings voice was quiet responding to her "Sounds right to me." Steele nuzzled Wyhnter back and smiled "This wasn't my fault. It was the big guys. He's sorry. Im tired" his speech pattern gave away his fatigue. "I know who they are. They're the ones that will take him from me"

Rhev and Wolfe watched the scenario around them. It was Rhev who finally spoke up and popped the bubble "As touching as much of this is, Gia is right. Perhaps the personal situations should wait but a bit longer, until we are sure we are in a position to be emotionally vulnerable to whom we must be. I would also like to be able to plan and attend my own wedding without having to worry about some uppity Greek goddess ruining the affair" he actually seemed frustrated for a moment before taking a breath "Wolfe, would you be accommodating to our guests, while I check on the mortals and assess damages?" Wolfe nodded and turned smiling to Freya "How may I be of assistance". Rhev stepped over to Kai and her Wolves "Please, all of you, go and tend to what is yours. Ulric, if you would kindly have a sweep of the city done to check for any potential stragglers, ill send word to Xhex and Rhage to assist." Lightning nodded but growled back "Kai will be with me. Steele needs Wyhn right now and im not going out alone" Rhev bowed his head "If that is her wish. I'm her Father, not her keeper. Last I checked that was more your job description now anyway" Rhev winked at Kai and smirked. Smirked at her. He then spread his wings wide and took to the sky.

Wolfe smiled and spoke gently into Orchids mind "Your man's on his way home" right before depositing her into her and Rhevs bed, startling the vipers and Onyxia.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:59 pm

"Of course it was his fault. Somehow I doubt he's sorry enough."

Whynter's words were grumbled against his skin, though there wasn't truly any anger held in them, just concern for Steele. Running her fingers carefully through what she could of his hair,

"We'll talk more about that last part later. Right now I want to get you home, through a shower, clean and in bed."

There was suddenly a figure beside you Rhev as you were preparing to take to the sky.That initial cloaked figure whose shoulder bore the massive crow simply spoke out, her voice seeming to be three, yet one.

"People are checking to your mortals already. Wounds are being tended where they are needed through from last reports, there do not seem to be any actual deaths. Stragglers were our next priority. Perhaps you should allow us to take on that task so that your people can... Rest ? Reports can be sent to you and if there are any stragglers, they can be brought to a location of your design unless it is acceptable to simply end them upon them being found. I know what my orders would be. The shifter King is wise. Your people, yourself included should not be going solo anywhere until this is over."

Kai merely rolled her eyes at Rhev and shook her head before turning to study what she could see of the cloaked woman. Clearly she had questions, but it was also clear they would not be answered at the moment.

Orchid did murmur a mental thanks before finding herself rather unexpectedly dropped into Rhev and her bed. Offering a quiet apology to the scaly ones and the dark furred feline, she was undressed in record time and beneath the covers. On HIS side of the bed rather than her own.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 9:07 pm

It was his true destination. They knew what it was. His way of saying he had other, more important places to be. He made it to the Nest rather quickly. Considering everyone was out helping the city recover from this assault, he breezed through the hallways rather effortlessly. Down the stairs behind the false wall. He could smell her already. He didn't even bother with the door, simply ghosted through it. His clothes were off as quickly as it had appeared hers had come off, and before she would even realize he was there His lips were on hers.

Lightning stood and produced a stone, and tossed it. The silvery hued port opened where it landed revealing the cabin door "Let's go home guys. I'll start the shower" snatching Kai up and over his shoulder, regardless of whether she fights, and steps into the cabin.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyTue May 17, 2022 9:20 pm

It was a good thing that thank yous were something that certain older beings did not expect or the Goddess might just have been offended by the lack of one, or the lack of any sort of acknowledgement at all. It was easy enough for her to fade into the background, her silent commands being given to the three feathered fiends with her to start assessing the city for any that did not belong. They were gone even before the order had been finished, their dark bodies rising skyward swiftly and truly.

Perhaps she should have been more startled by the sudden presence in the bed with her, but she really wasn't. In part it was the heads up from Wolfe, but it was also she knew those lips as well as her own by now. Upon realizing that he was already naked, those were light touches, but thorough that traveled along her King's body seeking out what injuries if any that there were.

For once in her life, Kai did not fight the caveman type nature of being tossed over a shoulder and instead took the opportunity to enjoy the quite impressive ass that was within smacking distance. It was Whynter's turn to roll her eyes at the two of them as she helped Steele up and let him lean on her to walk through the Portal behind them.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Krysto watched the Wolves leave, and began to ponder where his own were. Then there was Ashe. Who looked more alone than she ever had. He approached her, but didn't encroach. Before he could speak there were several eyes upon him, none of them seemed rather friendly. But it was Freya who silenced their murmuring with a hiss "Ignore them, they have little manners" Krysto simply shook his head "They have a right to hate Olympians. We all make mistakes. Some more dire than others." His words bared the weight of his soul "But if you'll excuse us. I think my compatriots and I have had our fill of the divine for one evening. Ashe, shall we?" He held his hand out to her in an invitation, as his wolves emerged from the city around them beelining for them.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:23 pm

The gentleman as well as his young maiden slipped past the grouping of Aesgard and continued on, until they were but feet in front of The Morrigan and her Protégé "Hello, Hello! It's not every day one comes across a major deity such as yourself, you are far more beautiful in person. And you young lass, you seem to be adjusting to your corporeal form rather well, all things considered!" The sleeve of his coat being tugged cut him short. He leaned down "Yes Hela?" The young maiden whispered something to him and he chuckled "Hela would like to know if you'd care to join us for dinner this evening. There is this fantastic restaurant we could go to near the museum" his smile was ear to ear "Forgive me" he straightened himself "Allow me to introduce myself, Loki Odinson, of Aesgard"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyWed May 18, 2022 4:24 pm

"You haven't made any mistakes."

While her words were few and pointed, there was a definite weariness to them. The bracelet that had been handed back to her and was back around a slender wrist was being fidgeted with, a clear, albeit subconscious gesture of just how frayed her nerves were. It took her several moments to seem to register his words, but it was an absent minded nod of assent that she finally gave to his suggestion of retiring for the night. Shooting a glance up at Freya,

"I need time. I would just ask that you not deny the city your aid because I need to process. We will talk again just give me...Give me at least a few hours ?"

She didn't wait for an answer before settling her hand lightly in Krysto's extended one. Shooting a look at his wolves which finally seemed to be reappearing out of the proverbial woodwork,

"I'm ready to leave when you are."
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed EmptyWed May 18, 2022 4:32 pm

Though her hood may still be fully encompassing her features, the Morrigan's eye roll as well as snort at the Aesgardian's flattery were impossible to miss. Just as impossible to miss was her protege's eye widening and twitching, even if she too were fully cloaked.

"Mother will more than be able to recieve reports from her people, even if we're at Dinner. It would be beyond rude for us to deny an invitation to dinner. If she needs to, she can chalk it up to business ? Right Mother ?"

The introduction, if anything merely had her twitching more.

"Oh I know exactly who you are, Sir. You're the spitting image of him from the movies. Or is he the spitting image of you ? Either way, huuuge fan of your work. I was corporeal once, you know. It's just been.. A while. I have a friend I should check on though. He's probably going to yell at me. A LOT. Oh. Do you think the restaurant will mind my cloak ? I don't exactly look the uh... Nicest under it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Truths Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truths Revealed   Truths Revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

Truths Revealed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: Death's Rebirth-
Jump to: