The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When The Dust Settles

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

When The Dust Settles Empty
PostSubject: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 1:39 am

<Ash>

Timing

It had never been her thing. While he hadn't lashed out or chastised her for that briefest yet intense merging of flesh to flesh, breath to breath, he hadn't responded either. She'd have been more upset by it, possibly even hurt had she not felt the presences.

Ill intent.

Not towards the two of them, nor the wolf pack, but an innocent. Her mind was already reaching. Searching by the time he set her down. Two bodies. Two intruders. Search, reach, search. Oh subtle, so very subtle. A third that had reached the building yet not entered. Backup ? A solo operator ? A fall back plan ? All were options, though the right answer remained unknown. She took a heartbeat of time to admire him in the armor, prepared for battle before that cry reached out, so desperate to any nearby. She was already preparing for her own version of war as they went through the door. Her last quietly murmured words, not that any were there to hear,

"Fare thee well. Return safe to my side, love that is never to be mine."

There was sadness in those words, heart breaking pain. She cleansed it with rage. Then consequences be damned, she called the storm. Directed just over the few block vicinity of the storm, it came. Fast and hard, it cloaked the hotel from MOST supernatural eyes. Then rising to her feet, she strode to the balcony. Opening it's door just enough to slip out before closing it behind her, she stepped up onto the railing. Naked as a jaybird, she dove off and into the storm. Directly at the shadowed figure that was scaling the wall towards the balcony of a nearby room. The body had enough time to raise it's colorless, mechanical gaze before she impacted with it and the two of them went plummeting.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 1:56 am

<The Breon>

Sadness.

It was a quiet miasma. A personal cloak around her that wrang a silent sob from her. Did it have to happen again, now of all times ? She didn't have tears left to give for herself. Maybe it would have been easier if she did. Some Psion she was. That braid had barely managed to be tucked away when she lost all corporealness. Still visible, just unable to touch or be touched, it was a question of even how long that would last. Thankfully he was out with his daughter and would be when she disappeared again. Abi would be enough. Besides, it had just been sex, right ? That would be her consolation.

She wasn't certain what came next.

Whether it was the storm that came out of nowhere or the body that came crashing through the bedroom wall and into the bed, she couldn't say for certain. The storm wasn't natural. It was too quick. Too directed. Too rage filled. The source was inside it ? Wait the source was an Avatar ? Not of Celtic flavoring but Avatar none the less. A female and she was calling death. War. It was easy enough for her to slip through the wall and out into the wyldeness. The only thing she left behind was a quietly murmured, an echoed,

"I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 am

<Gia>

Well shit. This sucks.

She was too distracted. That would be the only excuse she'd be able to think of later. If there was a later. In any other situation, she would have felt the presence of more of her kind. That had yet to ever be a good sign. The fact that her 'Danger Will Robinson, Tingly Spider Sense' didn't start screaming like a warning bell until she was being pulled free of Therror's embrace was even worse. Then she saw the eyes and realized just how bad, bad was. She had enough time to scream one word directed at Therror before she felt the jam of the needle in her neck.

"Run"

She tried to make it an order so that he'd listen, but she wasn't certain how it came out, or if he'd listen. She knew what was in that needle which meant that her earlier concerns had been even more well founded than she'd realized. They reserved that liquid for Creations like her, like them. The powerful ones. Granted they'd never used it on her personally, but she'd seen it before. It was quite specific, not one that could ever be confused for anything else, especially when the effects of it were already hitting her. Her last conscious thought was a prayer to something, anything that he listen and not try to stay and fight. They wouldn't care about collateral damage as long as it meant that they weren't traced. While they wouldn't kill her if this was the method of retrieval they were using, it might do worse if he was hurt because of her.

And then there was nothing but not so blissful darkness.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 12:50 am

Mental fatigue was a thing, and Tehr was certainly feeling it as he sat next to Gia in the conference room across from Rhev. Next to them were the 4 individuals that had come to their rescue, divided by the 2 of them. They had been idly chatting amongst themselves when Rhev cleared his throat, just as the doors opened up and 3 more individuals walked in. Tehr knew them. Xhex and Rhage, co-heads of the Security Wing. And Phury, personal liason to the Mad Hatter of Hatter Industries. As they sat down, assuming everyone had quieted Rhev spoke "So. Not that it was the most damaging of events, however, certain things lead me to believe there is more going on than what is currently being presented. I won't lie to you, my only interest comes from the fact that my man here seems to be firmly planted at the center of what happened. And from what footage I was able to collect and view, I have a decent idea of what happened, so what I'm asking" His eyes having been sweeping back and forth among them finally landed on Gia "Is why?" Xhex and Rhage had sat down a few seats away from Rhev, and Phury leaned against the wall behind them, all remaining silent and still, Rhev wasn't giving off airs of hostility, but simply in his element. He may not have truly wanted to be a leader, but he may have actually been born for it.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 5:13 am

"Hi, I'm Gia. Not so long time resident of the fair city of Chicago, daytime performer at Pandora's Box, nighttime vigilante, and last but not least a twenty-four seven promethean. I highly doubt that your footage properly conveys me accidentally doing my first will worker transition. Or Therror waking me up without God's only know how long in the tank. I doubt that they realize he's the one I popped, otherwise orders would likely have been to retrieve him with me. I'm also not certain that they realize what he is. They don't like us causing transitions off of the books. I'm not sure how this group of lovely folks knew, but however the case may be, the assistance is appreciated. Oh. P.s. He makes my stitching glow which is an entirely new thing to. I'm not sure if any of that directly answers what you're looking for, but if it doesn't, it may help you formulate the questions that will."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 1:04 am

Her sudden burst of information, scattered as it was cause Rhev to pause, without even blinking, for a moment before tilting his head. As he began to speak the doors opened again and the tension in the air sky rocketed. Lightning entered first, and his eyes found Padraic first, then Krysto and Ashe. But it wasn't until Steele stepped around Lightnings shoulder that the silence could be heard. Steele stared at Padraic, only having seen him the once and seemed prepared to receive an altercation. Padraic in kind stared back at Steele, but more so through him, into him. Steele broke the silence "Believe it or don't, but I have him under control" He didn't even have a tell anymore when Fenris spoke to him, because now it wasn't yelling. It was more like a whisper, affirming acceptance. Padraic hesitated but nodded "I have been advised to allow the situation to play out by my own bosses." That seemed to give Steele a reason to relax, which in turn caused Lightning to relax. They sat down between rhev and his security team. Rhev again made to speak when another voice chimed in from his other side, Wolfes to be exact "Well isn't this nice. All three of us together in one place, did anyone think to bring some tea, or coffee perhaps? I really am going to need some catching up, oh! Johnnyboy" Rhev looked over at his will working counter part who was looking at Tehrror "We are going to need to have a talk about some things. You need to be educated on how Magic works" Lightning became confused "Wait. John Matthew. The Tehrror of Chicago, henchman of Rhev here, is a Mage?!" Steele as well was curious "If the two of you would have been here on time we would need to take time to catch up, luckily for you, Gia here, was about to elaborate on a previous statement" he glanced between the two of them before looking back at Gia "Ms. Gia, if you would please elaborate on pretty much every single thing you said before we were rudely interrupted? I can tell that something has happened to John that has caused him to, what is it Jonas? Ascend?" Wolfe simply nodded and smiled "Which I do not hold against him or you, Miss. He is free to come and go as he pleases he always has been, and we happen to have a rather fine mentor for will workers" that got a grumble from Wolfe "So why not start with who it is you work for and expand from there. Whether you want our help or not is regardless at this point. My man is in trouble and your the one with the Intel, so I need you to cooperate with us so we can better help you." His words seemed to draw the group of them together. One staring at the three of them together might think twice about approaching let alone stepping out of line. Their demeanor was stoic, yet soft.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:40 am

Internal Brion Dialogue...

"Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Fangirlmultigasmic squee. I must actually be dead or dreaming.

Two of the three Scions within the room had yet to audibly speak, one of them because she didn't have a waste of words (in most cases) even with her youth. The other was that she didn't like attention being drawn to her fully cloaked self, though that was a little difficult with her being the singular incorporeal entity in the room. Thankfully there were bigger fish to fry at this exact moment. She stood behind Paddy simply observing, yet internally twitterpaiting. Ashe, who was now becoming more wakeful from her Brion induced night night time, looked as if she may have initially had something to say when Lightning appeared, of the not so friendly variety until Steele stepped around him. Then she simply went very still, her features blanking to a perfect neutrality. It was as Gia would clear her throat and be going to speak again that their would be the subtle flicker of will-worker magic and another figure would appear in the room to take the seat left empty beside Rhev. Demon King of Chicago, as much as your Fiancee may have looked ravage worthy in one of your shirts and those stockings (and not much else), she was actually quite well put together. Nary a scarlet hair was out of place, the usual riotous curls coiffed up into an elegant twist. A pair of rather unneeded but snazzy looking glasses, what most would call secretary or librarian's lenses rested upon her face. Yes Rhev, your Queen was dressed appropriately for what she was under the impression to be a business meeting. Though she somehow managed to look every bit the part of the naughty secretary though you would be able to tell that she had made effort not to. As her hand reached under the table to give yours a subtle squeeze, you would feel the sudden ripple of tension when she recognized Paddy from your dream. Yet to her credit, she did not lash out, verbally or otherwise. Whynter and Kai were beside their respective partners, silent but clearly attentive and observing. There was a second cloaked figure there, though this one had been silent as well and was seated on Wolfe's lap.

Gia cast her gaze around, seeming to wait for any other arrivals before clearing her throat and standing to speak again.

"My apologies for my late arrival. I did request refreshments to be sent for the meeting. I didn't know what people would prefer, so I went for a variety. Should be something for everyone, or so I hope. If not, I can run back out again. I should be the last interruption though, so the floor is yours, Ma'am."

Orchid, or Viper as she preferred to go by now-a-days gave that bit of information up before falling silent again. Gia simply nodded and offered her a smile before looking to the assembled group.

"Greetings and Salutations, Ladies and Gentleman. I'll try to make this informative without too many fripperies. I'm a Prometheon. My Bosses as you have called them, Creators as I refer to them to my knowledge are a council of sorts. A council of will-workers. Normally when I transition an entity, a being into something other than Human, it's under their control. Their supervision. It will drain me, some situations being more taxing than others. It has always before taken me spending time in the tank to become wakeful again. My Therror, is a triple play of firsts. Both the first mage I've transitioned as well as the first that I've done without their order. Last but not least, he managed to somehow wake me without ANY time in the tank. The Council knew the moment I transitioned him, as well as the moment that I was back in the world of the waking. They should not know yet what he is. Especially with the fact that the others they sent to retrieve me were so graciously taken care of. That vial of the tranquilizer though, we should have someone test. It's designed specifically for me and the others of my caliber. It would be useful to have more of on hand, because they will send more. Those three I was okay with being offed, but I'd appreciate if not all three of them were right out killed. Much like me, there are others that did not ask to be in the situation that they are. But any other details, you're going to need to ask directly, though please, I'm an open book. On this matter at least."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:06 am

The room was silent a moment after her revelation. Rhev couldn't help but look at Wolfe, his eyes glancing at Orchid a moment, smiling and relaxing. Wolfe noticed and sighed "Prometheans, for those unaware, are creatures created through magic. This one here" he actually looked her up and down, almost like scanning her but before he could speak Tehrror spoke, out loud, to the room "She consists of multiple pieces of supernatural creatures. Still not exactly sure how it's possible, but shes here." Wolfe smiled "And seems to have to ability to cause a variety of transitions" Rhev was still stunned by Tehrrors spoken words.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:16 am

Gia, did in fact flash an affectionate smile at Therror before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to his lips, not seeming to care where she was or who was there. Drawing back, she would look at the fully assembled group before speaking again.

"Part of how I exist as I do is the presence of the curse I bore before they took me. I'm also, not to toot my own horn a uniquity because I'm a blend of both the magical and the supernatural. I'm just one little unique cookie all around. Thank you though Ma'am for the mention of refreshments. A beverage would be lovely, cool, not cold blood being my choice. If that's not too much trouble."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:30 am

And then there was the show of affection. Rhev was all sorts of baffled. He smiled and shook his head "It shouldn't be much longer" he said as another more hidden door opens in the back of the room, two carts being pushed through it packed full of sustenance for all types "I spoke to soon. Why don't we take a few moments, give everyone a chance to take a breathe. Fifteen minutes?" He was already turning to fill his vision with Orchid, as Lightning leaned into his group with Steele chatting idly about how much he'd prefer to be buried in their beds. Wolfe watched the group mingle, the Godlings seemed to be unphazed, the Norse man and his small companion made their way to the carts and started filling a couple of plates. Tehrror, moved blindly fast to retrieve Gia her drink of choice, and Krysto seemed interested in the floor.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 3:45 am

The moment that Rhev turned to focus on her, Orchid was all eyes for him and only him. It was clear that for the moment, everyone else had ceased to exist to her. Leaning into him, it wasn't the kiss that Gia had granted Therror with, but it was a definite brush of her cheek to his. Rhev would also notice that the reason her hand that hadn't been in his was on her lap was due to the electronic device that rested there. Low and behold the woman had been taking notes of the meeting on a tablet.

Kai and Whynter had gotten up from their seats and were grabbing refreshments for themselves as well as for their partners. They were quiet, though that was not to say there were not hamsters being rapidly burnt out one after the other in their heads. It didn't take them long to garner them from the carts before they returned to their seats. They were in firm agreement that bed, and far less clothing would be the more agreeable situation, though both understood the necessity of the meeting.

When Therror returned to the table with the beverage, he would find Gia already seated, and himself being pulled down into her lap. Tugging him in with his back to her chest, she nuzzled lightly into his throat around the collar. Not a sexual action, but definitely one of intimacy. For any in the room who were magically attuned, aware, perceptive, the moment that flesh on flesh connection was made, the energy coming from her person spiked like a kid on an insane sugar high. While she didn't seem to notice or be aware of the change, they could be.

Ashe still wore that perfectly neutral expression though her eyes did now move to Krysto who seemed to be eyeball fucking the floor. Lightly nudging his foot beneath the table to get his attention, it was the most subtle of eye brow quirks if he looked up at her, clearly an unspoken, 'are you okay'  type of thing.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 9:50 am

Krysto didn't seem checked out as he leaned his head over and quietly in their native tongue from Ancient Greece "I can't help but wonder who exactly that Wolf is. I feel like I know him from somewhere" as the two of them conversed, Steele stole glances at the greecian man across from him but tried not to stare. His mental conversation with Kai earlier had him wondering a few things, and the fact the greecian seemed to have caught Fenrir's attention, means He also had Steeles as well.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 10:22 am

"Whoever he is, if he means you harm, he'll be going through me to get to you. Even if he doesn't, the same still applies."

No admission of certain similarities, though even you would have had to have noticed how intently she'd been watching him herself. Her hand refused to release yours under the table, not as if she was trying to prevent you from doing something, but more as if the contact were keeping her grounded currently. Though it did also give her a chance to give you a firm squeeze. A reassurance that no matter what happened with the stranger, you weren't alone.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 11:34 pm

Her squeezing his hand had the intended effect. He did seem to relax more, but with it came confidence, to look up at Steele "Pardon, I know we briefly met before, but circumstances as they were I don't believe we got a proper introduction" he extended his open hand to Steele "I am Krysto, Wolf Master of Sparta. Favored of Athena. I'm sure you met my wolves as you entered earlier. It was kind of the Reverend King to allow them to assist his security detail" he couldn't explain why, but he needed to talk to this man. This Wolf.

Steele was caught off guard by the sudden focus and attention. His deer in a head-lights look was almost to common, but this was different, and Lightning caught it, and instantly tensed up, which didn't help him either. Wyhnters hand would be grabbed subtly not squeezing, just simply for the anchor as Fenrir threatened to surge forward. It took him a moment to respond but he did reach out and clasp Krystos forearm and quietly "Jaccob Fenricson. Bends the Will of Steele. Get of Fenris, Ahroun. Smith of Gaia, Beta to He that Grasps the Lightning of the pack of Gaias Embrace. Right Hand to the King of Asgard. Pleasure"

The two sat back from each other measuring one another, and Fenrir only had two words for Steele before going silent all together. 'Good Boy'.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 11:54 pm

There was an odd sort of irony, not that she would realize it but as Fenrir was 'complimenting' Steele, Ashe had leaned back into you Krysto long enough to murmur, 'I'm proud of you' before straightening in her chair. It wasn't till after she said it that her head would tilt and she'd look more intently at you Steele. Though you would quickly realize that the look was less at you and more at him. As were the words she asked next.

"You compliment him, yet do it as one would a pet dog. He does have a name. Mayhap you could learn to use it ?"

There was clearly no chastisement to her words, just a musing, almost curious suggestion.

Whynter had been more than amicable to you claiming her hand, Steele, though the more intently you were stared at by Ashe, the more you could feel her hackles rising. The fact that the other woman seemed able to hear Fenrir, a fact that however odd you would remember having happened on the balcony did not help any.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 12:29 am

The room had quieted around the two of them. Conversation still happening, but it seemed that everyone's attention was focused more at the two of them. Both of them couldn't help but notice, but ignored most of it. Steele broke the silence first "So Sparta? What's it like there? I've never been" Krysto couldn't help but smile at the question "I wouldn't know actually. It's been sometime since I've been. Many, many years"

Abi couldn't help it anymore and whispered next to her father barely audible to him "Anyone else notice the fact that neither of the Greeks look Greek?" Padraic who was staring a hole into the wall merely grunted around the food in his mouth before swallowing to whisper back "No. I didn't actually. Why do you say that?" She shrugged innocently "I don't remember Greeks having red hair like that. There also shorter by most comparisons. At least in my experience" Padraic couldn't argue with the logic "So then you think they're hiding something?" She actually shook her head and looked up at him "No, I think something being hidden from them. I need to go make a call, I'll be back" She didn't wait for his response, which never came because I anticipated her sudden departure. He turned to face the room more and his eyes fell on Steele, with reservation.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 12:50 am

"It's kind of my fault, at least in part for that. Things are a slight bit... Easier if we don't stay over long in most of Greece. I've tried getting him to take a vacation and go back there for a bit, but he may be a bit too loyal to his job. Or maybe he's just stubborn. Bloody thick skulled Spartans."

There was a bit of teasing, especially to those last words, one that spoke of comradderie built over long years. 

"Should he ever take my advisement, perhaps you and your companion could vacation with him."

While those last words were spoken to you, Steele, they were clearly intended for both you and Whynter.

---@@---

As your minion went about to make her mysterious phone call, Paddy, you would feel the faintest, cool whisper brush the back of your neck before moving up to your ear. While you could feel it, the words came mentally. 

"Hey there, big guy. Just your friendly, neighborhood, not ghost with 5he most here. Maybe if you tried looking a little less scarousing, you might actually get people to talk to you. If not, I'm going to sit here and pester you like a 0roper wanna be Casper."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 5:04 am

Padraic couldn't help but smirk as his eyes indeed shifted from Steele, and his hidden tag along, to the Greecians. Which was when the needle abi placed popped the bubble of his perspective. There was something off about them. They're dress, and complexions matched that of the Greek born, but their hair, both its color and visible textures, to the frame of their jaws, and shoulders. The greecians he had a chance to have met tended to be slender, more elegant. These two were from a sturdier stock.

Steele smiled and glanced at Wyhn "I'm sure she would love it if I took some sort of vacation. Seems our lives have taken a turn lately. Something that needs developing. Although" he looked back up at Ashe still smiling, just less "I think we should get to know one another before making plans for double dates to a foreign country. No offense." His tone was light and practically innocent. It would be hard for any to believe he housed the destructive force of Fenris. Lightning chuckled before glancing up, and catching the Norsemans scrutiny of the group. His first appearance replayed in Lightnings vision and he remembered how frightening it had been. Would he be able to stop him if he came for Steele? Only one would be able to pick up on his anxiety. And he prayed she wasn't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 2:14 am

"I didn't imply double date. I implied him taking a vacation. He could do that and still make an excellent guide. I'd travel elsewhere. If a vacation of any sorts would please your partner, you should likely take it. Good tactic it is, keeping your partner content. Besides, sometimes a change of scenery can help when things have gotten too interesting in one's life."

Settling back into her seat, she tucked her hands into her lap. Letting her head rest back against the chair, her eyes drifted shut. Not into actual slumber but into a contemplative state where her attention drifted about the room. 

~~~~~@@~~~~~

The dark haired vampiress while remaining for the most part silent, had still been observing. So much tension. So much distrust. While it didn't make for easy workings, it was at least understandable. Her hand moved beneath the table making it's way to you. Wiggling those long fingers beneath the table, she maneuvered the cool paleness of her vampiric skin under your shirt to lightly caress against your hotter shifter flesh. Murmuring just softly enough for your ears to catch,

"What's wrong ? I thought things seemed relatively calm for the moment."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 5:43 am

He didn't respond verbally, he knew she could hear his thoughts 'I'm ok I promise. As long as He doesn't get froggy. I don't know if I can stand against him' he did look over at her smiling, warmly. Steeles voice brought him back to the conversation "This is true." He wrapped his arm around Wyhnter and looked up past the two across from him, and saw the Norseman. He found it odd to be relieved that those eyes weren't boring into him, and instead into the back of their heads.

And then there was that stubbornness. Greecians were certainly stubborn, but not quite as crass or blatant about it. Padraic felt Abi's presence step up next to him "Frustration" he actually looked down at her "Oh?" "Yeah, Uncle Heim couldn't tell me what I wanted to know" he chuckled at her and turned back around to continue attacking his plate of food "Uncle Heimy doesn't know all, I have told you that"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 6:02 am

It was correct that your assassin lover had in fact heard your words. Quite out of characterly for her, she leaned over and into you. Slipping a hand up the nape of your neck,  she drew you closer and claimed your lips in a rather heated, significantly intense kiss. Not seeming to give a damn who was there and saw her gesture, she caught your lower lip just enough between her fangs to hit you with a teasing hint of the kiss while also taking in just the smallest bit of your blood. Drawing back just enough to meet your gaze, she licked the scarlet droplets slowly from her lips. Much as you knew she would have heard your words,

"It won't be just you. Stop forgetting that. Besides, you now have something better to think about."

~~~~~@@@~~~~~

Whynter for the moment seemed content enough to curl into your side when you drew her into you, though while she remained silent, her eyes were doing frequent sweeps of the room, clearly watching. Waiting to see who jumped first. Lacing her fingers through yours, she actually seemed to change her mind last second and instead moved to take the seat on your lap rather than her own chair. Tucking her head back to rest against your shoulder, she laid your purpousely joined hands over her abdomen. 

"I think we should go. All four of us. Who knows, maybe even drag my Father and Kai along."

The words were simple. Not order nor command, but definately not the suggestion you would have expected.

~~~~~@@@~~~~~

Knowing that just you would hear her words,

"There was the laugh that I wanted. Granted it took the minion to oust it from you, but I suppose that's a good thing. Otherwise I was going to threaten you with continued specters molesterings. I mean pestering. Though I think a certain Vampire has got the molesting part covered all on her own over there. If you could ask the minion what it was she wanted to find out, maybe I could try ? No promises obviously."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 5:47 pm

'Yeah, and that's what scares me the most' Lightning did kiss her back and chuckled as she nipped his lip. He was captivated as her gun metal Grey eyes glowed briefly, literally struck dumb for a moment. His surface thoughts simply the word 'Gorgeous'.

Steele gave her a squeeze once she was settled and nodded "I mean that could be fun to. Anything relaxing once all this shit is finally over with. It'd be nice to take a breath" he nuzzled into her ear, nipping playfully.

Padraic nodded and whispered "Doesn't mean your dad might not know. If ya bothered to ask him. Just sayin" Abi glanced up at him and sighed "I was curious if there were any tales of lost children. Nordic children."
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 12:39 am

"Don't be scared. I'm growing less and less so when I'm at your side. I have confidence in you. In us. In what we can do when we stand side by side. Or back to back. You are the Ulfric for a reason. Gorgeous though ? I'm but a pale reflection compared to you."

It was clear she was uncertain as to what had inspired the compliment, though it was equally clear how she seemed to shine beneath your praise. Crawling from her seat beside you and directly onto your lap, she straddled you, eyes meeting yours still rather than away. Hands sliding beneath your shirt and over your chest and shoulders, you would feel the teasing caress of claws. 

"I'm going to ease some of this burden you carry one way or another."

~~~~~@@@~~~~~

Steele, your playful nipping did in fact earn you a low growl and a light wriggle of her hips. The action sent her ass grinding temptingly against your groin, her fingers tightening where they rested laced through yours. 

"How about we do what you want to do, AND travel with them. You are allowed to be greedy you know. Also, I think Kai is working on crawling inside my Dad, meeting and people watching be damned. I kind of like her style."

~~~~~@@@~~~~~

That spectral voice fell silent, either listening to Abbi or simply gone, you were uncertain as to which. If asked, even Abbi would be unable to tell, a state of affairs that was slightly unusual.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyThu May 05, 2022 4:12 pm

It was sudden. The jarring rumble that shook the very building they were in. Rhev, as well as Wolfe stood almost immediately, Rhev heading for the door while Wolfe held his hand out to Eve and whispered "You need to get safe" before sending her to his Grove with a wave of his fingers. Rhevs head was out the door looking back and forth, while shouting. Lightning and Steele had gone still. Foreign positioning where the were causing them to go on the defensive. Padraic as well as Krysto had also gone stark still, but both were staring at the ceiling, any who scrutinized them would realize, they glared at the same spot.~

There she stood above the city, gazing down upon it. She had waited long enough and now was the time to act. Athena raised her spear which was the signal to her forces to start their mission. She would collect they're wayward children, one way, or the other.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:44 pm

Eve was silent as you sent her away, though the last glimpse of her eyes, Wolfe was one that held warning. A glimpse that said she knew something of what was coming even if she hadn't known it herself. It also held the slightest touch of fear. Not for herself, but for you.

Ash had been sitting there one moment and was gone the next, the unexpected sign of what seemed an attack being used to simply vanish herself to the rooftop of the Nest. Hers was a power that worked better within the open air and not that confined within a building. Lifting her hands to the sky, she did not call storm but something else entirely. The rolling mists. The fog that rolled over the water and caused entire ship fulls of sailors to be lost because they could not find their way out of it. That was what she used to cloak the Nest and those within it's walls. A temporary measure were a true God to want to see through it, but a buying time tactic, a fact that she was very well aware of.

Kai looked briefly to her Sire's bride to be before moving to the door and his side. Leaning in so that only he would hear her words,

"You need to send your mate somewhere safe. Ask Wolfe to send her to his Grove. She and what's within her need to be protected and you're going to be busy something tells me. You can't afford the distraction... Father."

Whynter observed both her Mate and her Father briefly before her gaze went to the tw...Now one Greecian. She wasn't sure they had noticed their female counterpart's disappearance yet, a fact that amused her, ever so slightly. But it was the Grecian and the man that had come hunting her mate that she watched now. Tipping her lips to Steele's ear,

"The Grecian female disappeared. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When The Dust Settles   When The Dust Settles Empty

Back to top Go down

When The Dust Settles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: Death's Rebirth-
Jump to: